I'm counting down the days til I'm back home in the country and away from the city (1 more week to go)! I LOVE DC...but I relish my semi-annual trips home to Georiga. Mostly cause I get to sleep til noon, have someone cook and clean for me (for free!) and I get to play with the babies...my neice Kelly (4) and my nephew Lance (7). They have this ability to make me forget everything that's going on around me...because they keep me smothered in hugs and kisses! And being the fun auntie that I am...I spend my days home at the zoo, Chuckie Cheese, the park, Toys R Us, and just about any other place the beg me to take them (yeah...I'm such a sucker).
My neice Kelly is natural, and so is my aunt. My younger cousin is also in the process of growing out her hair using braids. I'm even talking my mother into growing out her hair. So with all these natural folks in the making, I want to bring home a bunch of goodies for them to try. Partly because where they live, there is little to no access to good products on the ground...so they would be less likely to order online (even with my suggestions) AND I want them to see the potential in thier hair.
Here is where I need your help.....
So...I need some suggestions for things that would work well for thier hair. What products do you all suggest I take them? I need things that will fit each of the following:
1. unscented and/or not strongly scented for a child (who wears braids and ponytails)...not trying to define curls or anything. [my neice]
2. work well for older women who are experiencing some natural thinning due to age and/or hormonal changes. [my mom and aunt]
3. work well for transitioning hair (light enough for the relaxed ends but hydrating enough for the new growth) [my cousin]
4. any products that would work well for all three?
5. even though my sister is the queen of the relaxers and quick weaves (don't ask...lol) I would like to get her into using better products for her hair. So what natural products are good for relaxed hair (any readers from LHCF?)
Please leave your suggestions in the comment section...and I'll make sure to report back with LOTS of pictures!