Welcome to Naps, Kinks, Coils, and Curls!

Thank you for taking the time and stopping by my blog.

My hope for this space is that it serves as an information repository for women (and gents) who desire healthy natural hair. I want every woman to embrace what the creator has blessed her with, without trying to make it into something that it is not. I want women to be ok with their hair…no matter if it naps, kinks, coils, curls or some awesome combination of the four!

The focus of this blog is natural hair; however a lot of the products, techniques, and information can be used by those that are relaxed/texturized and those that are transitioning from relaxed/texturized hair. I won’t be discussing relaxed/texturized hair directly because I am pro-natural hair. Now…let me explain this stance. A lot of people think that in order to be “pro” something…you must be “anti” its opposed position. This couldn’t be any farther from the truth. Dick Gregory a prominent comedian and activist of the 60's understood this concept when he used to say "I will not knock a steak out of your plate but I will never let you put a pork chop in mine" In other words, I don’t knock women who relax, but I won’t let anyone try and push a relaxer on me.

So…what do you have to look forward to by following this blog?

-Frank discussions on how to achieve and maintain healthy natural hair. No short cuts, no gimmicks, no get long hair in 72 hour schemes.
-An innovative way of presenting product reviews. *Please stay tuned for more on this one….I think you all will love this!*
-Encouragement and tips on how to bring out the best in your naps/kinks/coils/curls. Not everyone has definition, clumpage, or hair that grows down rather than out. And guess what? That’s perfectly ok! The trick having the best hair that YOU can have is learning what your hair can and can’t do…and working with it inside of those perimeters, not against it!

What won’t you see on this blog?

-Fashion information. I’m sooo not a fashionista. That’s not my forte so I won’t be venturing into that realm. Plus…there are LOTS of blogs that do this much better than I could ever hope to, so no sense in recreating the wheel!
-Length checks. I don’t do them. It’s not that I’m against them, but I feel like the current blogosphere is saturated with blogs that focus on obtaining toe length natural hair. The perimeters to gage healthy hair should include MORE than just the length…not to mention, not every person is destined to have such dramatic long hair.
-A focus on turning “kinks to coils”. I think that one is self explanatory.

So…if your still reading and think that this blog is a cool place to hang out or that it might have information that will help you along your journey…then please subscribe and I look forward to interacting with you!

5 comments:

Nubiancoils said...

Hot! I think you will bring something fresh to the table and I can't wait to read!

svrbrownsuga said...

NC! I love the blog sooo far! I'm on blogger too check me out whenever you have time. keep up the good work gurlie :D

Kcurly said...

I am so excited! I know this will be a great blog!

nappy.curly.crown said...

Thanks so much guys! I can honestly say this is just the beginning for me!

Anonymous said...

I've often admired your posts on naturallycurly, and I will really enjoy keeping up with your blog.

Post a Comment

Who is Nappy.Curly.Crown?

I've been natural for 23 of my 29 years on this earth and for the past 5 years consecutively. In those past 5 years, natural hair care has become a hobby and passion of mine. I created this space to help decipher the massive amounts of information about natural hair care, specifically the science of natural hair care. I'm a scientist by trade andprofession and my hope is to make this spot the go to location for information on how to get and keep your natural hair healthy.

Subscribers